Bowflex pr1000 Home Gym Review
Most people are usually very busy with work and regardless of how hard they try, going to the gym can’t just fit into their schedules. There are now a lot of affordable home gym equipment on the market. They are very easy to install and offer you a fun and engaging activity to perform with your family members or friends at home. One of the best home gyms we are talking about is the Bowflex PR1000 Home Gym, which can help you achieve all your fitness goals right from the comfort of your home. This Bowflex mode comes with several features that help give you a complete body workout. Even better, since it also comes with a rowing feature, you can perform cardiovascular training.
- Enables you to perform more than 30 exercises.
- Movable seat
- The frame comes with a one year warranty.
- Can hold up to 210 lbs of weight.
- Lack of detailed video tutorials.
- May not be suitable for advanced lifters.
Key Features & Benefits
- The key feature of the Bowflex PR1000 Home Gym is that rather than utilizing free weights to manufacture resistance, polymer rods can give the lifter the same and they are a lot more flexible. Polymer rods are called power bars in the PR1000.
- Additionally, there is a blend of rollers, appropriate handles, and ankle cuffs that help you accomplish the right upper body and full body workout to build up your muscles.
- The reason being utilizing power rods in the stead of free weights and pulleys is that they’re lightweight and much more compact, which makes them easier to use.
- The specialists behind this great idea have designed the resistance delivery without inertia. This makes sure that you can’t cheat in your workout routine.
- You can use it for chest workouts, abs, arms, shoulders, and back and also different mix of strength training workouts for strength training and muscle toning.
- The in-built rowing station also allows you to have an incredible cardio exercise. The equipment can be easily stored after use as it comes with a foldable design.
- check more details on Amazon
Dimensions and Warranty
You will require around 100 x 78 inches of space to install this home gym. The measurements are 81 “(H) x 84” (L) x 38 “(W). The gym comes with a flat bench press and is capable of supporting around 300 pounds user.
Also, this fitness equipment comes with an extensive warranty, no matter where you purchase it. The warranty covers the rods for 5 years, the frames for just a year, and the parts for 60 days.
In this section, we will be talking about the comfort, quality, special features, uniqueness, exercise options, and other considerations in detail.
With cushioned seats, ankle rests, and foam grips, the Bowflex PR1000 allows you to comfortably build muscle. The grips will not slip or cut your hands and the ankle rests enable you to lift and lower your legs easily without any pressure, perfect for seated leg lifts or leg presses.
The fitness equipment is capable of holding up to 300lbs. Several home gyms have a max weight of 250 lbs, which means the Bowflex PR1000 has an edge over many other gyms.
Setting the PR1000 is very easy and the gym can fit in the majority of rooms, providing you with the freedom to work out wherever and whenever you want. Right before work or late at night, you can work out anytime.
In addition, since the gym is quiet, it allows you to work out without perturbing your partner or children, which makes anytime an ideal time to get your muscles flexing and your heart pumping.
Exercise Variety and Cardio Options
This unit comes with an adjustable seat that adds flexibility and variety to your exercise routine. It also comes with a horizontal bench press which gives you a more extensive range of workouts. The seat’s ability to move forth and back enables you to do rowing exercises.
In addition, the adjustable/rolling seat enables you to perform lat pulldowns and horizontal bench presses, for an upper body exercise that can build specific or all muscle groups. Also, it keeps you engaged and interested, giving you different kinds of challenges.
How does it compare? – Alternatives
Let’s take a look at how the Bowflex PR1000 Home Gym compares against some other top home gyms.
The Bayou Fitness Total Trainer DLX-III Home Gym is also an excellent home gym as well. However, it is different from the Bowflex model in a couple of ways. With a maximum weight capacity of 400 lbs compared to the 300lbs capacity of the Bowflex model, it can hold more weight. Also, the Bayou model has around 70 exercise options compared to the 30 on the Bowflex PR1000. But people who are looking for a cheaper model will prefer the Bowflex PR1000 as it costs a bit lower than the Bayou home gym.
The Marcy 150 Pound Multifunctional Home Gym is ideal for novice and intermediate users. While this is inexpensive, it’s a good quality full-body workout gym that offers a decent variety of toning exercises. Measuring 62 x 43 x 78 inches, this model from Marcy is more suitable for small spaces.
Also coming from Bowflex, the Blaze Home Gym is quite a superior model to the PR1000, albeit it costs more as well. With more than 60 exercise options, this excellent gym is a perfect fit for a lifter looking for a more professional grade home gym.
As shown by our review, the Bowflex PR1000 is an all-inclusive system that gives you value for your money. The high-quality design and patented rods help improve any workout routine so that you can build your muscle and get fit without problems.
In other words, the Bowflex PR1000 Home Gym is a very complete system. It offers easy-to-use features and convenience in a top of the line design that is sure to last for many years. The best part is that it takes out any excuses to get fit, and nothing beats that surely.